For both full-time writers and guest writers/ contributors there are few rules we ask everyone to follow when they write pieces for RRC.
- For pieces geared towards the general public please minimize the use of academic or professional jargon. If jargon needs to be used please include definitions.
- Word length: Pieces should be as long as it needs to be to get the point across. Be mindful of your audience when determining this.
- When including citations, even for academic pieces, use hyperlinks that open in a new tab/window. If there is no online presence make a list of references.
WordPress Specific Guidelines
- Always include a “more” tag after the 1st or 2nd paragraph if the piece is more than 500-750 words.
- Include a featured image with all posts ideally at least 1080 pixels across.
- Always include posts in a category and add 1-8 tags to the post.